If you hate your fax machine, you are not alone. No one wants a clunky, dusty fax machine taking up desk space, hogging electricity 24/7, using valuable paper and ink printing middle-of-the-night spam faxes.
Next-gen fax technology is here and it’s called Virtual Faxing. Once you read our top 5 reasons why you should dump your old fax machine into the recycling bin, you will do just that.
5 Reasons Why You Need Virtual Faxing
- Virtual faxing is cheap: Just as email is less expensive than snail mail, online faxing is a bargain compared to old-school faxing. After you buy your nex-gen fax machine (costs about $35 to $100), you can expect to pay $40 to $70 each month for a standard fax line plus long distance fees for incoming and outgoing faxes.
- No additional costs: The additional costs of running a fax machine quickly add up. Paper, ink, ongoing maintenance, you know the drill. Virtual faxing is cheap by comparison since incoming faxes are delivered as email attachments right to your inbox. You print just the faxes you want to print and trash the spammy ones you don’t need. You can even “save” faxes to your computer, keeping just a digital copy for future reference.
- Waste less electricity: Think about the hidden cost of keeping your fax machine plugged in and turned on, ready to receive incoming faxes 365 days a year. Even in standby mode, your fax machine is an energy hog. Online faxes can be received anytime, day or night, even if your computer is turned off.
- Maintain confidentiality: If you share a fax machine with others in your organization, you know that sometimes faxes get mixed together. They can be grabbed by the wrong person and accidentally tossed in the wastebasket and even seen by the wrong person. With online faxing, these headaches are a thing of the past. A virtual fax is reliable and secure and if an e-fax is sent to you by mistake, it’s easy to forward that email to the right person.
- More productivity: How much time have you or your staff lost dealing with paper jams, rushing out to the office supply store for a new ink cartridge in a pinch, sorting through spam and solicitation faxes, dealing with busy tones, and calling up fax-senders to ask them to please resend a fax that didn’t come through? You don’t have to do any of that anymore. With Virtual Faxing, you’ll save headaches, time, money and you can send and receive faxes from any place with an Internet connection be it a hotel lobby, your mobile phone or a coffee shop.